Using the Feedback Tab
On the right side of your screen, you will see a colored tab labeled “Feedback.”
Click on this tab to open a selection dialogue box. Then click on “Bug Report.”
A pop-up labeled “Usersnap” will appear on the bottom right of the screen, containing various functions.
You will also see a colored border around your current page. An instruction appears on the top edge of the screen. It reads, “Use a tool to mark an area.”
Finally, your cursor will turn into a selection tool which you can use to highlight the part of the screen where you're experiencing a bug.
Marking the Screen with Usersnap Tools
These are the available tools and how to use them:
- Text - This is the default tool that is active when you open Usersnap.
When using Text, you can click highlight any part of the screen to add a comment. A text bubble will appear where you click, where you may further explain what the bug is. You can also delete or minimize your text bubble using the icons on the top right of the bubble.
- Pen - This tool can be used to draw lines and shapes on the page. To delete an existing drawing, click on it to open a trashcan icon. Click on the icon to delete the drawing. You may also change the color of your pen by using the color circle inside the Usersnap box on the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Arrow - This tool places a pointing arrow on the page. Click anywhere the page to place an arrow. You can adjust the arrow’s length and orientation by dragging it. To change the arrow color, click on the colored circle inside Usersnap. To delete an existing arrow, click on it to open a trashcan icon. Click on the icon to delete the arrow.
- Blackout - This tool allows you to redact sensitive information on the page. This allows you to send a screenshot of the bug you are experiencing without anyone seeing your sensitive information. Click and drag to place a blackout block. You can adjust the block’s size by holding and dragging the cursor. Let go of the mouse button to set the block’s size. To delete an existing block, click on it to open a trashcan icon. Click on the icon to delete the block.
- Your message - A message field can be found in the Usersnap pop-up. Enter text in this field to provide additional feedback.
You can minimize Usersnap at any time by clicking on the minimize icon. Click on the maximize icon to return Usersnap to its default size.
Sending a Report
When you have added all the information you want to provide, click on “Send.” A screenshot of the page will be sent to the ProClient development team. The screenshot will contain all the text and markings you added to the page, as well as any message you included.
To cancel sending a bug report, click on the “X” at the upper right corner of Usersnap.