Accessing Default Settings
On your ProClient dashboard, click on your name, then settings. You will see a page with several action buttons. Click on the one that reads “Defaults.”
This will take you to the App Defaults manager. It includes several sections for adjusting default settings for various ProClient features. Let’s take a look section-by-section.
Here, you can set information about your company, which ProClient will refer to whenever these details are requested within the app.
The editable fields include:
- Account Company Name - editing this field also sets the Account URL
- Account Logo - you can upload an image as a logo (recommended size: 190 x 50 pixels)
- Office Address line 1
- Office Address line 2
- Office Phone Number
If you need help with setting up these defaults, you can click on "Access Setup Assistant."
This assistant guides you to the process of configuring the default settings of your ProClient account.
Setup Assistant will walk you through the following processes:
- Calendar Integration
- Adding Team Members
- Adding Appointment Types
- Adding Clients to the CRM
- Customize Client Portal
- Setting Sales Taxes
- Creating Tax Products
- Signup for Merchant Account
- Activate Two-Factor Authentication
- Enable Text Messaging
- Install Desktop Application
After completing the guide, you will see this page:
This is where you configure defaults for scheduling appointments through ProClient Calendar.
- Appointment Default View - Set the type of calendar view you see when you login to use the scheduler. The options are User View and Week View. User View shows you the current date’s scheduled activities sorted by user. Week View shows you the current week’s schedule.
- Business Hours - Set the standard days and hours that ProClient Calendar will use for the appointment scheduling features.
- Additional Options - You can choose to make the following data visible to people scheduling appointments in ProClient:
Enable Client Portal
If you have not yet activated the Client Portal, you will be asked if you want to turn on this feature.
If you turn it on, a pop-up will appear. It asks you to agree to certain conditions before you can proceed to set up the Client Portal. If you agree, follow the given instructions. Then click on "Agree" to enable Client Portal.
Customize Client Portal
Adjust visual style settings of the Client Portal.
- Background Color - Sets the background color of the Client Portal site.
- Primary Color - Sets the color used for key visual elements, including the background color of the header, buttons, and links.
- Secondary Color - Sets the color used for any text on key visual elements, including the header, buttons, and links.
- Client Portal Logo - Let's you upload a logo to be placed on the header of the Client Portal site. You can drag and drop an image file to the box provided. Alternatively, you can click inside the box, which opens your system’s file manager. Navigate to the image file, then select it to upload it to the Client Portal site.
- Page Image - Upload a file to set as a background image on the Client Portal site.
- Header Title - Type and format the text that will appear on the header of the page.
- Page Content - Type and format the text that will appear on the content area of the page.
- Footer Options - Add or remove elements to be made visible in the page footer, including: Business Name, Business Address, Business Phone Number, Hours, Website
Sign up for a ProClient Payment Account. Having one will let you connect your bank account and process payments through ProClient. You will have access to a Payment Process Report that lists all deposits to your connected bank account, along with the transactions and the associated fees.
Add a Tax Rate item that will be selectable in the "New Product / Service" dialog box.
Products / Services
Add, edit, or delete products and services for your business.
To add a new product, click on the "New Product / Service" button. In the pop-up window that appears, you can enter the Product/Service Name, Fee Amount, and Description. You can also select a Tax Rate to apply (the default option is "Don't Charge Tax").
Set whether notification emails will be sent to the account owner, a specific user account, or none at all.
Note that you need an Integrated Email on your account to be able to send messages to that email address via ProClient. You can integrate an external email address on the "My Profile" page of ProClient. To have emails sent from a different user's account, that account needs to be set up with its own integrated email. For more information, go to: Settings - Email setup
Once you have Integrated Email set up, you will be able to modify the Notification Settings.
These settings affect the following notifications:
- Appointment Notifications
- Document Notifications
- Billing Invoices
- Web Payment Notifications
- Client Document Notifications
Adds a phone number at which text notifications will be sent to you.
Configure settings for enhancing the security of the accounts connected to your ProClient system.
- Account Two Factor - Activate or deactivate two-factor authentication for user accounts.
- Client Two Factor - Activate or deactivate two-factor authentication for clients’ account logins.
- Client Document Two Factor - Activate or deactivate two-factor authentication for clients’ document access.
By default, all documents that are uploaded to ProClient are not shared with your clients. You can change the Document Settings so that documents that are uploaded to ProClient are shared with your clients by default. (Note that this lets the documents be shared with specific individuals, not all clients.)
By enabling this setting, you are changing the sharing permission with clients to always share documents with clients as the default. You can change sharing permissions for individual documents in the CRM Documents section for each client.