Accessing Appointment Settings
On your ProClient Dashboard, click on the action button labeled “Defaults.” You will go to a new page where you will be presented with several action buttons. Click on the one labeled “Appointment Settings.”
You will be taken to a page that reads, “Appointment Types.” Click on the button labeled “Add New Appointment Type.”
This will open the Appointment Types configuration screen. You will be able to create a new appointment type, give it a name and description, set location and details, configure notifications, and so on.
Let’s go through the entire process of adding a new Appointment Type, step by step.
The initial step requires filling out one of several forms found under Appointment Manager. The first form is labeled Appointment Details
The information to be filled out includes:
- Appointment Name - provide the name of the appointment type (e.g., Financial Planning, Sales Meeting)
- Appointment Location - choose between “office” or “phone call” settings
- Appointment Description - write a short description that will appear online when this appointment type is selected
- Appointment Link - customize the web address link the client uses to view the appointment entry online
- Appointment Duration - set the length of the appointment
- Rolling Date - select this to specify how far ahead an appointment can be scheduled
- Date Range - select this to set a limited period in which appointments can be scheduled, outside of which the appointment will be shown as inactive
Appointment Details (Advanced Options)
The Appointment Details form features a toggle that can be adjusted to access Advanced Options.
These options include:
- Show availability in increments of - select the allowable time increments for determining the duration of an appointment
- Max number of appointments per day per user - set the maximum number of appointments that can be scheduled per day with a single user
- Prevent appointment less than __ hours away - set the amount of time to have as a buffer before someone can schedule an appointment with you
- Buffer before the appointment - set the amount of time, in minutes, before another appointment with you can be scheduled by a third party
- Buffer after the appointment - set the amount of time, in minutes, after an appointment, during which no appointment with you can be scheduled by a third party
- User email notification - activate or deactivate the sending of email notifications to you
- Appointment Cancellation Policy - provide the policy for appointment cancellation specific to this appointment type
- Timezone - set the default timezone to use for scheduling appointments
Notification & Embed
Activate or deactivate the following types of Invite Notifications:
- Calendar Invitations
An event will be created in your calendar and your invitee will be added as an attendee.
- Text Reminders
Your invitees will have the option of receiving text reminders before a scheduled event at specified times.
- Email Reminders
An invitee will receive a reminder email before a scheduled event at specified times.
In the "Notifications & Embed" tab, click on any “Personalize” button to customize the details of the Invite Notification:
- Email Subject - customize the text that appears in the subject line of the email notification
- Email Body - edit the wording of the email notification
- Text Notification: Template - edit the wording of the text notification
This allows you to customize the appointment intake form. Custom fields can be created, you can make the field required or not, when the form is submitted the data goes into the appointment notes.
Saving a New Appointment Type
Finish adding a new Appointment Type by clicking “Save Appointment.” It will now appear in the Appointment Manager and will be assignable to team members.